- I'm flying to Vancouver on Tuesday morning for the week.
- A beautiful blend of family and friends, I'm looking forward to (and also dreading a little), being back in Vancouver.
- It's a beautiful city that holds a lot of pain for me. Each time I go, I try so hard to release a bit of what I carry, but it's hard because she's not there anymore.
- I've been dreaming of her this past week. Or not really of her, (it makes me sad that I don't have dreams about her), but I've been waking in the middle of the night around the time that she passed away. Her last week in the hospital, the few days before she passed starts taunting my thoughts, scenes of our last moments together re-playing in my head like Ground Hog Day.
- Which is why I'm so grateful that we aren't spending the entire week in Vancouver.
- On Friday, we're hopping a ferry to the sunshine coast. I've heard so much about it, and my sister talked about us going up there last year. It's a treat, (and retreat), that I'm looking forward to.
- I'm also looking forward to a dinner party on Thursday evening.
- I love going to Canadian drugstores and stocking up on things that I can't get over the counter here.
- I also love the different flavors of potato chips, (read: dill pickle), and English candies are everywhere. (Although I've recently discovered that my favorite wine gums are loaded with wheat, so they are off my list. Sigh.)
- In a complete non-sequiteur, I found out over the weekend that I've been selected to show my photography in a group show at the end of April. There were almost 300 submissions and 25 people were chosen.
- Pinch me. Seriously.
Sunday, March 11, 2012
list no. 11 :: things i'd like to tell you
Because eleven is my favorite number and today is the eleventh and I was just talking tonight about my OCD/Rain Man tendencies...